This was the first year that I participated in a money pool
with some of my friends and family. Therefore, I tried to be a little more
cautious and like I said, over thought things. I am married so Claire and I
both participating in the pool makes it so that we technically had 2 chances at
winning the $96. Therefore, knowing she would pick Kansas I chose to pick
someone else even though I have thought that Kansas would win it all since like
the beginning of February. In theory, my concept makes sense. Differentiate to
give us a better chance.
Two things I didn’t consider. The first being that Michigan
State losing to Middle Tennessee State or anyone else before the Final Four was
even possible. They looked almost as unbeatable as Kansas for much of the
season. The second thing I didn’t consider was that Claire’s bracket could fall
apart outside of Kansas winning it all and she would get buried on the
leaderboard. Well both of those things happened and now the best that I can
hope for is second place and that only happens if Kansas, Oklahoma, and North
Carolina make the Final Four (my remaining Final Four) and Syracuse or Iowa
State emerge as the Final Four team out of the Midwest and go on to win the
whole thing. Iowa State could make a run at it I guess, but I don’t think there
is any way that they beat Kansas in the championship. The worst thing about the
whole situation is that had I stuck with my Kansas pcik I would still have a
pretty good shot at winning if Oklahoma beats A&M in the Sweet 16. Bummer.
Maybe next year.
You want to know what’s been more maddening than March
Madness this month? The things happening at our apartment complex. Two major
things stick out. First, our upstairs neighbor has really taken to cleaning.
Unfortunately for Claire and I is that the cleaning is happening late at night,
like she is vacuuming at 10:30pm. The worst part? She somehow turns vacuuming
her bedroom into a 45 minute event. Our bedroom size is a little over the size
of the dorm room that I shared with Logan my freshman year of college. It
should take at most 10 minutes to vacuum. Meanwhile, 20 feet below, Claire and
I just sit there trying to figure out how in the world she is still vacuuming
as we attempt to sleep. We consider grabbing a broom and just start banging on
our ceiling/their floor in attempt to get her to figure out that what she is
doing is ridiculous. The second maddening thing is not truly the complex’s
fault, but I would have figured they be a little more prepared. Little
important information. When it rains in Springfield, it monsoons. On top of
that, the city is the most poorly draining place I have ever lived. I don’t
know if the sewers are poorly placed or just don’t drain well, but every storm
leaves standing water everywhere. This last particular storm we had was insane.
The sidewalk outside of our apartment disappeared under a river of rain water
that formed between apartment buildings. The result? Nearly every basement
apartment in our complex flooded and filled the second floor apartments (aka
where Claire and I live) with a horrendous, musty smell. Thankfully, they are gutting
the suckers now, but for about a week we had to spray our entire apartment with
febreeze or open the window just to sit in our apartment. I feel so bad for the
people that lived in those apartments.
There is a little update on my life. Hope you are all doing
well. I will try to be a little more consistent with this stuff. I have finally,
got most of the big planning done for the summer group trip Claire and I
planned, so that will free up some of my time as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment