Thursday, April 14, 2016

Once a Bearcat, Always a Bearcat

If you clicked on this blog hoping to see some sort of Bearcat Spirit post you are probably going to be pretty underwhelmed with what I bring to the table. Don't get me wrong, I love Northwest and I love that I will be a Bearcat forever. Maryville, MO and everything that comes with it will always have a special place in my heart.

From Wing Night at Carson's to Mozingo to Happy Garden to the little patch of slippery pavement where we always played basketball to even the corny little paw prints that lead you from downtown Maryville back to campus. The memories are endless, especially when I think about the things that Claire and I got to do together in a little town in the corner of the state.

However, at the root of each of these wonderful things are people. The relationships that I had and still have and experiences I shared with these relationships are what make me excited about saying "once a bearcat, always a bearcat."

I am sure I will expand on this at some point and talk about my favorite places in Maryville. Heck, I might even do it today, but for now this is not the purpose of my post. Over the past six months, I have deduced that it is pretty sweet to work a high school students' schedule. Being that I am not a teacher, I get all "Teacher Work Days" off just like the kids do. Tomorrow is a teacher work day, aka party time for paraprofessionals because we can sleep in and don't have to work.

Therefore, I will be taking advantage of my day off to travel north to one of those places that just always warms my heart: Maryville, MO. It has been a while since I got to visit Bearcat Country and even longer since I have been able to enjoy a Thursday Night Nav Night. In fact, for those keeping a record at home, I haven't been to Nav Night since I cried my eyes out during my final Nav Night as a student. Man, it's going to be weird being back.

I will be doing my best to get some time with anyone that would like to catch up, but my time is pretty limited. Claire and I have to live in separate cities during the week because of an internship she has for school, so I will be leaving Friday afternoon to go spend the weekend with her. OABAAB

No comments:

Post a Comment