Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Home Away from Home



I can almost remember 100% of Advantage Weekend. For those of you that don’t know, that is the catchy name that Northwest Missouri State has decided to use for the weekend before classes start in August. Freshmen Bearcats are required to arrive to small-town Maryville on the Thursday of Advantage Weekend, all other students filter into the city of 10,000 sometime between Friday and Sunday. That being said, for that first weekend, all campus employees seem to be at the expense and service of the freshmen.  They really go out of their way to try and make the new students feel welcomed and cared for. Alright, without further ado…I will break down that life-changing weekend for me. It’ll be long so if you want to, read it in parts. In fact, I will post them separately by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment